Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Once-in-a-lifetime chance

August 5, 2009
This week was filled with mixed emotions....sadness and happiness for the Filipino people. Why? It is because one of Philippines most beloved president passed away....Pres. Cory Aquino...her bio was my last post.

So....my family went to her funeral procession which passed Roxas Boulevard. I'd like to share some pictures....so you can see that there's more to the Filipino people than what meets the eye....


I Like this pic...plane and hand...:) Thanks dad for the pic!

Now the coffin....Even though I didn't reach her term...i know that she did a lot for the Filipino people....


The VIP bus....Cory's family members....


Former President Joseph Estrada...actually...Former President Joseph Estrada's hand...:)


The crowd estimate for the whole route was....hmm....i dunno...15,000? A lot more maybe...the bus traveled form Manila Cathedral to Manila Memorial in ParaƱaque for about 9 hours...very looooong ride it was! So I'd like to commend the four honor guards who stood by Cory's coffin...I can't believe they stood for 9 hours w/o going bathroom,eating nor moving!

Anyway, then we went to Tita Cory's house...


So....that's my Cory experience...and i don't regret it! :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH TITA CORY! LABAN!

No comments: